Louis’ Liver Brownies
Delicious brownies made with liver – loved by all Basenjis!
Write a review
- 1kg chicken livers
- 2 cups polenta
- 2 cups raw wheat germ
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½-2 teaspoons garlic granules
- ½ cup dried parsley
- Liquify livers in food processor, then pour into a large mixing bowl and add all other ingredients. Mix until smooth like a brownie batter.
- Grease a large baking tray and line with baking paper. Spread ingredients in the tray evenly about 1cm thick. Bake at 180C for approximately 35 minutes.
- When cool cut into squares. Then eat – Yumm!!
- Roo’s Tips: For best results keep in a sealed container or zip lock bag in the refrigerator. Left overs will keep for approximately 7 days in the refrigerator or alternatively you can also freeze small portions and defrost at your canines convenience. This recipe will make approximately 80 brownies – depending on the size.
Victorian Basenji Breed Association http://www.vba.org.au/