Single Membership for people who own, breed or who are just interested in the Basenji. This membership category is available to anyone; all states of Australia and Worldwide, although members must be over 18 years old in order to vote and/or be nominated as an office holder.
This membership category is three yearly and memberships expire 30 June on the third year of membership. A 31 day ‘grace’ period, until the 31 July, is allowed in order for members to pay subscriptions. Although membership is for a three year period members who select this category must complete a membership renewal from annually.
- If admitted to the membership register before 1 April will be entitled to vote at the Associations AGM and are eligible to be nominated as an officer holder.
- If admitted between 1 April and 30 June members will not be entitled to vote at the Associations AGM and are not eligible to be nominated as an officer holder. However, in this instance membership will officially commence as at 1 July of the year of admission.
Candidates must complete the Associations Membership Application from available on-line at this website. Once received the candidate may receive a call from an officer holder, this officer holder may second the application. The application will be taken to next committee meeting and once the candidate is admitted to the club he/she will be entitled to:
- 1 vote at general meetings;member must be over 18 to eligible;
- access to the members resources area at this website;
- receive a copy of the Associations publication by post or electronic file or both;
- inspect and obtain a copy of the associations rules and by-laws (these are also available to candidates before application);
- inspect and receive copies of committee and general meeting minutes; and
- inspect the register of members subject to privacy clauses [section 7 of the VBBA Constitution]
For full information on the rights and privileges of this membership please refer to clause 5.1.4 of the VBBA Constitution.